Paleo Bone Broth Hot Chocolate is super easy to make and suitable for the paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free diets. You’d never believe that chocolate has the power to completely disguise bone broth, making this drink extra nutrient-boosting while still tasting delicious!
This creation was born out of the pure fact that I didn’t have the ingredients I originally wanted. The best creations always happen that way.
I was minding my own business relaxing and in the zone when I wanted my Superfood Hot Cocoa recipe that I’ve been making daily!! All of a sudden I realized I didn’t have my usual Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. And I also didn’t have my usual organic pumpkin puree dollop.
Hmmmmm. I wasn’t defeated. I got creative.
Instead, I used Bone Broth Collagen from Vital Proteins, Turmeric, Vanilla, and Cinnamon.
That bone broth was game-changing!!
In comes, Bone Broth Hot Chocolate and I have to say I’ve had it for the last few days and it is amazing!!!! A m a z i n g. All by a happy accident.
You know when I’m drinking this cup of hot chocolate I feel the richness of the cocoa all warmed up, but then I also taste the hint of bone broth and it makes me feel like I am really supporting my body. And that makes me happy.
Bone broth has so many gut-healing advantages! Let me tell you about just a few…
Bone broth helps:
- Heal the gut lining
- Begin to heal disorders in the gut as an add-on healing tool
- Your hair, skin, nails, restore and grow, grow, grow!
- Your skin heal aka acne and collagen in your face
- And the best? It helps with Anti-Aging! Helps your lines disappear!
That bone broth went perfectly with my Turmeric powder addition too! More healing properties. This time anti-inflammation! It completely changes the color of the hot cocoa, but it’s still legit, trust me!
I also love using warming Runamok Maple Cinnamon & Vanilla Infused Maple Syrup. It’s organic and made in Vermont. And I just love the dreamy cinnamony taste!
What’s so great about pure maple syrup is that it has medicinal properties too!
It’s not like artificial sugar. Pure maple syrup has a higher concentration of antioxidants and minerals like zinc, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Even some of your b-vitamins live in pure maple syrup!
So when you need to use sugar go with natural sugars like Runamok Maple when you want to bake. It’s still natural sugar, but it has nutritional value. And nutrient-dense is the way to go these days!
Benefits of Runamok Maple Syrup
- Located in Northern Vermont where maple syrup is made
- Small batch made
- Certified Organic by Vermont Organic Farmers
- Woods are certified bird-friendly by Audubon Vermont
**Barrel aged maple syrups are NOT gluten-free
I cannot stress enough on how this drink feels ceremonial and ritual-like. Instead of an a.m. coffee, I have this! I curl up in my chair and watch 15 minutes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix every morning. Then I read one day of A Course In Miracles and I feel happy, grounded and ready to take on the day! You may want to try out this ritual too. It’s a good one.
Are you ready to make beautiful music together?
I’m so ready to share this recipe with you!
**Runamok Maple Cinnamon and Vanilla infused Maple syrup flavor is gluten-free and the lines are cleaned in between. But there are other flavors that are not gluten-free, please note. I’m not an affiliate just a product lover. xx
Paleo Bone Broth Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice or unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 scoop bone broth collagen I use vital proteins
- 2 drops liquid stevia I use Nu Naturals
- 2 tsp maple syrup pure
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric organic
- 2 jar shakes of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 packed tsp coconut oil solid
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- Microwave water or plant-based on high for 2 minutes. I like unsweetened coconut milk or spring water.
- Add all ingredients to the mug and mix with a fork or whisk, thoroughly.
- Let it cool for a minute or two and enjoy it.